What’s happening at Coogan Farm?
The transformation of Coogan Farm into the Nature & Heritage Center began in May, and is moving right along!
So far in the farmhouse:
- Interior demolition of second floor, first floor and basement.
- Structural reframing of second floor.
- Exterior demolition of side and front porches completed.
- Geo-thermal wells drilled and exterior piping buried and brought into the basement
- Kitchen renovations underway
- Bamboo removed down to the root level
- Erosion and sedimentation controls installed
- Topsoil stripped and removed (topsoil transferred to Giving Garden)
- Connecting drive cut-in between upper and lower level parking areas
- Site at 90% of rough grade
- New entrance and track pad installed at South end of site
- Coordinating site utilities installation with Eversource and Aquarion
- Removal of trees around house