Position Title: Seasonal Environmental Educator
Reports To: Director of Education
Responsible for assisting, teaching and planning of classes, which fulfill the Nature Center’s mission, for schools, scouts, and civic organizations, as well as programs sponsored by the Nature Center.
This position is a flexible, hourly position, from March 1-June 15. Hours can vary greatly depending on class schedule. May require weekends, evenings and overnights. Possibility for position to continue into Summer Camp.
The position reports to the Director of Education.
Within the organization this position works primarily with the Director of Education and other educators. Outside the organization this positions fosters goodwill with program participants, schools and civic organizations.
- Assist and teach school, scout and civic organization programs, both on and off-site.
- Teach birthday parties.
- Assist in program planning and preparation of needed supplies.
- Assist with special programs and events (Mushroom Fest, Spooky Nature Trail, Earth Week etc.)
- Assist with other duties and special projects as requested by the Education Director
- Teach Summer Camp, unless otherwise arranged with the Summer Camp Manager and Education Director
- Bachelor’s Degree (Environmental Education or Natural History degree preferred).
- Experience working with children.
- Knowledge in the field of natural history.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Impeccable personal and public relations skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and ages.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Experience and comfort working with live animals.
- Ability to drive to programs and use own vehicle if necessary.
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected].